Manager, Digital Marketing, Branding & Event (February 2024)
Opera Hong Kong (OHK) is seeking a highly creative and self-driven individual to join our team as Manager, Digital Marketing, Branding & Event. The successful candidate can be based in Hong Kong or the Greater Bay Area (GBA). If you are based in the GBA, frequent commuting to Hong Kong will be required. This position reports directly to the General Manager.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Work closely with the General Manager(GM) and Board of Executive Committee (ExCo) to plan short-term and long-term marketing strategies to enhance our brand image, brand identity, fundraising efforts, various opera productions and communicate our impact effectively to the public.
- Conduct analysis and provide insights to OHK to better understand market trends, youth trends, and dynamics. Identify opportunities in untapped markets.
- Develop online social media marketing strategies to support student and young artists recruitment, audience development, and grow our followers both regionally and internationally.
- Support day-to-day marketing and communications tasks includes overseeing the production of marketing materials such as posters, brochures, eDMs, press releases, e-newsletters, website content, presentations, social media posts, and other corporate communication materials, ensuring they align with organization guidelines.
- Create and manage marketing/ PR plans for productions and programmes including budgets, advertisements and timelines.
- Collaborating with other staff to develop compelling storytelling that showcases how donors’ contributions are being utilized efficiently. This includes but not limited to photo and video presentations, reaching out to media agencies, and encouraging the reporting of events and stories.
- Plan and organize events that contribute to OHK’s branding and fundraising efforts, such as online and offline fundraising campaigns, gala dinners, meet-the-artists events, artists’ interviews, backstage tours, etc. Act as the point of contact for external vendors as necessary.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the GM.
- 5-7 years of working experience in marketing/communications/event management roles, preferably in the arts & culture, entertainment, auction or e-commerce fields. Candidates with their own entrepreneurial experiences will also be considered as a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Outgoing, energetic, and enthusiastic. Proficient in written and spoken English, Mandarin, and Cantonese.
- Proven track record of a collaborative approach to problem-solving, building internal relationships, working effectively with cross-functional partners.
- Responsive to messages and emails 24/7. Strong finance acumen and marketing sense. Creative and independent with ability to work under stress.
- Experienced in hosting and managing events with confidence, team player capable of working with individuals from different functional backgrounds.
- Strong ability to manage multiple assignments concurrently, prioritize competing priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Willingness to travel to different districts in Hong Kong on weekday evenings and weekends.
- Knowledge of and passion for the arts and entertainment sector preferred.
How to apply: Please send a full resume with a cover email, current and expected salary, to Rec_mc@operahongkong.org Application with a portfolio of past work examples would be a plus. The email subject should specify the job title you are applying for. Applications without specified expected salary will not be considered for interviews.
Applicants who do not hear from us within two months may consider their applications unsuccessful. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for interviews and a written test. All personal data collected will be kept confidential and used for recruitment purposes only. If you are interviewed but not selected, your information will be destroyed within 6 months after the completion of the recruitment process.
OHK is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ the best-qualified personnel for all positions, without unlawfully discriminating against any person based on race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected status or characteristic under the law.
Career Level: Middle – Senior
Years of Experience: 5-7+ years
Industry: Art & Culture/ Education / Non-Profit Organization
Location: Near University of Hong Kong
Salary: Competitive and commensurate with experience
Employment Type: 3-year renewable contract
Preferred onboarding month: March 2024