Jockey Club Opera Hong Kong Young Artist Development and Education Programme is now offering advanced-vocal training and on-the-job performance opportunities for young local opera talents development. Sponsored by The Hong Kong Jockey Club Charities Trust, the Jockey Club Opera Hong Kong Young Artist Development and Education Programme is an intensive opera training project complemented with a series of outreach activities in Hong Kong. The programme aims at bridging the gap between school and performance stage, and:
• To nurture twelve young opera talents from Hong Kong.
• To help Young Artists prepare and participate in regional and international competitions.
• To help Young Artists pursue a professional operatic career in Hong Kong and internationally.
• To promote operatic art through specially-designed performances, school tours, and masterclasses.
Training and Obligation:
• 30 hours of one-on-one vocal training each year by the assigned voice teacher.
• Additional trainings by international coaches prior to the Programme’s Annual Performance.
• To perform operatic roles, and possibly leading ones in various performances including the Programme’s Annual Performance.
• Participation in outreach activities including school tours, and masterclasses.
• Young Artists will be invited to audition for suitable roles in Opera Hong Kong’s major opera productions.
September 2020 to March 2022
Application Deadline: 31 July 2020 (Fri)
Audition Date and Time: 17 August 2020 (Mon), 14:00 – 16:00
Audition Venue: Opera Hong Kong Atelier Lyrique (Flat B, 1/F, Shu Tak Building, 22-30 Tai Wong Street East, Wan Chai)
Number of songs to be prepared:
– Applicant should provide an ‘aria list’ with four to five arias in at least two languages. Applicant will sing the first aria of his or her choice, and the audition panel may ask the applicant to perform another one from the list.
– To be provided by Opera Hong Kong
Eligibility and application:
– Hong Kong residents under 38 years of age who are university graduates majoring in voice or equivalent.
– Interested parties should complete the attached application form and return together with your resume, portfolio, and aria list to OHK by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state in the heading: “Application for JCOHK Young Artist Development & Education Programme”.
– Please contact Ms. Miller Cheung at 2234 0303 (direct line: 3611 7316) or email@example.com if you have any question.